Sunday, February 05, 2012

I figured out my brand...

I am a geek, and I am very proud of being a geek. When Pink says, "If you're too school for cool" she's talking about me. Who cares what's cool and what isn't? And why should someone else get to decide for you? I like what I like, and I'm not ashamed to show it. That, to me, is the true meaning of being cool. It's all about being comfortable with who you are, and I love who I am.

I want you to love who you are too.

To this end, I am starting a new feature on this blog: my daily GQ or Geek Quotient.


SHEVI'S GQ FOR TODAY IS: 164 (Very high!)


Purchases: 
Silly cat hat ($8), three necklaces with prism pendants ($20 total), five fantasy novels for children (free because my husband helped the flea-market-stall owner move house), a Tinkerbell cup and a Toy Story cup with little snow globes (2 for $10 from the Disney Store).
Clothes:
ThinkGeek tee with the definition of "interesting" ("oh God, oh God, we're all going to die"), a necklace with a prism pendant, a silly cat hat
Activities: 
Checked out comic books and discussed video games with a flea-market-stall owner, checked out video games at GameStop, checked out the games at Marbles, rode a merry-go-round at the mall--TWICE!
Ate:
Miso soup and sushi for lunch, lentil soup for dinner
Fun level: 
very high
Creativity level: 
low

2 comments:

Nancy L. said...

Your days sounds a lot more fun than mine stuck at work. I want to come play with you, especially on the Merry Go Round!

Shevi said...

Nancy, it was a lot of fun! Maybe you can join us next time.