Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Writers, where do you get story ideas? Here's a simple method.



This is the presentation I'll be delivering at the book launch for Why My Love Life Sucks at the Highland Park, New Jersey library this Thursday. Kids will learn how to break a story down to its parts and use those parts to write new stories.

This presentation will be followed by a fun, story-generating craft, book-launch party favors, love-and-vampire themed sweets, and a book signing. It should be great!

I hope you can come; but if you can't, I hope you enjoy this presentation. If the event goes well, I might do the same thing at author visits at libraries and schools in the area.

What do you think? Could this method work for you? 

Please feel free to share it with your kids, teens, students, friends, and fellow writers. 

Thanks, and I look forward to reading your comments!

Shevi Arnold


4 comments:

Evelyn said...

I enjoyed watching your video, Shevi, and thought you did an excellent job of sharing the questions to help writers create a story. I hope your book launch goes well and is lots of fun. Congratulations on all your books!

Shevi said...

Thanks, Evelyn!

Sandie said...

Thank you for sharing this valuable information. The information got me thinking. You are definitely an inspiration of information. Thanks Shevi! Congratulations with all your books and have fun at your book launch.

Shevi said...

Thanks, Sandie! That means a lot. :)